Keith's Blog

Laptop












After many months at my new job, I finally have received a laptop. It's an IBM T41, with 2 GB memory, 60 GB drive, and a 1.6 GHz Centrino processor.

Unfortunately, it only has an XGA (1024x768) display, but I guess I just have to deal. My previous job provided me with a laptop with a WUXGA (1680x1050), which spoiled me a bit. Maybe someday I'll buy myself one of these.

I'm dual booting Windows XP and Red Hat Linux Enterprise WS 4. I'm using a nifty trick to boot Linux using NTLDR, instead of GRUB. Go here if you're interested.


3 Comments:

At 3/13/2006 09:03:00 PM, Blogger Behavior Analyst said...

I always wanted to boot in NDAR rather than GRUB, thanks for the tip!

 
At 3/13/2006 09:57:00 PM, Blogger karoberts said...

You're welcome.

You never know when you might want to dual boot, and NTLDR is so darn configurable!

 
At 3/14/2006 09:13:00 PM, Blogger Behavior Analyst said...

Let's trade computers. I need some more space, I only have 20 GB and I need more space for my illegally downloaded TV shows. No one are work will notice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home