Keith's Blog

Annoying games

So I'm playing 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Windwaker", and I've finally reached the final boss of the game, Gannondorf himself. But before this, there were these three puppet-bosses that I had to fight. To beat them, I had to follow this pattern of hitting them, and then shoot a small section of them with a particular arrow. Normally this wouldn't have been difficult, except that the targeting was set to target a non-vital section of the enemies.

Which brings me to the "annoying" part of this game. The 3D nature of the game makes "targeting" necessary. Basically, you push a button, and it auto-targets something. Without this, the game would be almost impossible. So, the game designers, in all their infinite wisdom, decided to make the end bosses harder by messing up the targeting. And then they had the boss move so fast that your view updates slower than the boss moves, making it hard to even see the boss. I finally got the last puppet-boss via a lucky shot.

None of the bosses are all that difficult, but they are tedious. But perhaps it's because I grew up in the world of Super Mario Brothers, and the original Nintendo. Children of the 90's seem to be able to handle these 3D games with much more grace.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home