Keith's Blog

Santa Cruz Island

This weekend I went on an overnight trip to Santa Cruz Island, part of the Channel Islands National Park. We hiked, we snorkeled, we camped, and we explored the old ruins of various ranches.

This was my first attempt at snorkeling. I could breath through the tube well enough, but the salt water kept getting into it somehow, and ended up in my sinuses, makeing my nose run. I saw some fish, plenty of kelp, barnacles, urchins, and sea anenomes.

Both days were cool and overcast in the mornings, and sunny in the afternoons. The temperature at night was pleasant, not too cold.

Next time, we will plan farther ahead of time, get kayaks, and spend two days kayaking and snorkeling.


Pictures can be found at http://www.keith-roberts.com/gallery2/v/SantaCruzIsland/


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home