Keith's Blog

Jury Duty

Today I fulfilled my civic duty and went to Jury duty. My two previous experiences involved sitting in a room with a bunch of people for 8 hours. I watched movies, worked, and played video games on my laptop.

This time however, I was called into a courtroom after about 2 hours. I spent the rest of the day watching the painfully slow process of Jury selection. Listening to each and every one talk about their job, their past, their biases, etc.

Although I was in the original selection, I was never called up into the Jury box for questioning, so I sat in the back of the courtroom for hours. I would have opened up my laptop (they had wireless access), but I figured it might be innappropriate. At about 4pm, they had a jury selected, and they let us go.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home