Keith's Blog

GTA: San Andreas

Nearly a year ago, I walked into a game store and bought a copy of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I played the game pretty consistantly, running, cycling, driving, and flying my way through the virtual Los Angeles, San Fransisco, and Las Vegas. Some of the tasks were tedious, but most were very entertaining. The story was also quite involved. Your character, CJ, participates in gang warfare, driving contests, clandestine operation involving military aircraft, petty and grand theft, among many others.

However, this game suffers from a major problem. The final task is too difficult. It involves a lengthy cutscene, then a challenging battle through a crack-house, followed by a gun-battle with a traitor to the gang, then you must escape a burning building while enemies are shooting you, all with a time clock. This is followed (I've read, I didn't make it this far) by a car chase after the final villian. It has so many challenges, and no saves, that I never could get all the way through, even after many tries.

So I cheated, and downloaded the ending video on the internet. After seeing that, I uninstalled the game and put away my strategy guide. I wonder what game might be next?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home