Keith's Blog

Early Bird

Every day this week I was up at 5:30 AM to do some running before work. This hasn't been my normal schedule. In the past I was well renowned for my ability to sleep in.

However, I've come to realize some things about the morning.
  1. Mornings are nice and peaceful. There's a stillness and a quiet that just doesn't exist at any other time (while there is daylight anyway).
  2. It's still cool in the mornings, making it ideal for summer time running.
  3. When you get up at 5:30, you are at work at 7ish, and done by 4ish, that's pretty nice. When I used to get to work at 10, I'd still be there at 7.
  4. No worries about motivating yourself to work out after work.
I think I'll keep getting up early and running. It's good training for high altitude hiking.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home