Keith's Blog

Cell Phones Suck

About a month ago, I spent $170 (minus $50 rebate) on a fancy new Samsung Vcast phone from Verizon Wireless. Other than the fact that this phone tended to take pictures of the inside of my pocket, I liked this phone quite a bit.

However, due to a slight mishap in the San Gabriel mountains a few weeks ago, my phone ended up underwater for a few seconds. This led to water getting behind the screens, and the phone failing to turn on. Fortunately for me, it dried out, and all was well. Yesterday, while out, I decided to turn my phone off, only to realize later that day that it would not turn on.

Today I took my phone to a Verizon Wireless store, where my phone was pronounced dead on arrival. To repurchase the phone without a new contract costs well over $200. The cheapest retail phone is $170. They sell refirbs for $90, but they didn't have any. So I am left with a dilemma. For right now, I am cell-phoneless.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home