Keith's Blog

Echo Cliffs


Yesterday Carrie, myself, Joe, and Sri went on a climbing trip to Echo Cliffs. It's quite a commitment to go there, as the drive is over an hour, and the walk is about 40 minutes!

We stopped first at the Grotto, and climbed a 5.8 and 5.9. Here's Joe on the 5.8

I lead both climbs, which I was happy to do, as I don't get much leading done these days. I set up a top rope so everyone else could climb, and they did great. Everyone except for me seemed to be able to handle the red-ant nest running along the middle of the climb.

Joe then had to leave, so Carrie, Sri, and I proceeded alongside the cliff to Easy Street. This is a beginner area which provides excellent first time leading experience. Sri decided to lead one of the 5.6s, and he pulled it off without a hitch. First time lead outdoors, nice job!

Afterwards, we all went to the Java Wall, and climbed a 10b, and a 10a. I lead the 10b, which can be a challenge, due to it's slightly overhung finish and it's 80 foot height.


Here's a picture of me doing what I do best.

Another of Carrie in a good mood:











And the intrepid pug, Tala, researching climbs for us.


1 Comments:

At 3/27/2006 05:24:00 PM, Blogger Behavior Analyst said...

So dang cute (Tala, of course)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home