Keith's Blog

Helmets, and bugs

I rented two Black Diamond helmets today from REI. Only about $12 each for three days. Better than the $75 to $90 to buy them. I could have saved $3 each by getting them tomorrow, but I had this strange fear that they might be rented sometime between tonight and tomorrow. And if I didn't get helmets, I wouldn't be able to spelunk on Saturday and Sunday.

In other news, when testing my software between a Linux/amd64 box to a Solaris 8/sparc machine, I discovered a bug. Everything works great, data transfers perfectly, until the very end. After all the data transfers, an external process stops writing to it's log file, and my process waits forever for it. Hmm, it's odd because everything works great when I go from Linux to Linux. Then again, it might have something to do with going from Oracle 9i to 10g.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home