Keith's Blog

Training

I've been in training on Oracle RAC (real application cluster) today and yesterday. Tomorrow is Oracle 10g new features. The trainer is supposedly some famous Oracle expert. Contrary to what you might think, this class isn't actually all that interesting. I was hoping for an introduction to RAC and some practical experience using it. What I'm getting is everything a DBA would ever want to know how to configure/manage a RAC environment. Everything from clustering file systems to custom SQL scripts to extract RAC node performace statistics.

Fortunately, I have a laptop and a wireless connection, so the time isn't wasted.


1 Comments:

At 4/12/2006 06:46:00 PM, Blogger Behavior Analyst said...

Gosh, what a pity. And I thought it was going to be so interesting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home