Keith's Blog

Carnivorous Herbivore

Today for lunch, I had two corn dogs. These were not your normal corn dogs. They had the same warm, soft outer corn based shell, a pink, highly processed hot dog at the core, and a stick up through the center. However, these dogs contained no meat. They were a clever infusion of soy and chemicals to produce a perfect synthetic meat that tastes as good as it looks. In fact, if I didn't know I was eating soy, I would swear they were your everyday good old american corn dogs.


So far, I've also tried vegie burgers, chicken patties, chicken strips, sweet+sour chicken, bbq beef, ham, and sliced beef. All pretty tasty, but some a better fakery than others.

For a great vegan place in Irvine, try http://www.wheelofliferestaurant.com/
Their Thai food is very convincing, and no more expensive than a regular place. It also has a nice family feel too it


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home