Keith's Blog

Out with the old, in with the New



I pulled out the box containing my old Super Nintendo (SNES) from the closet today. I hadn't hooked it up for several years since I have all the ROMs and an emulator for the PC. I even have a gravis gamepad that is similar to the SNES controller. So, instead of throwing it out, I decided to see if I could trade it in.

I went down to the town center game store, and put my SNES on the table. The clerk was immediately excited. His face beamed as he said, "yes, we do trade for those". He then called the owner, and asked if he could buy it once I traded it in. Never thought a 15 year old game system would fetch such excitement.

For 1 SNES, 2 controllers, 1 Original Nintendo controller, 5 or 6 SNES games, 2 Gameboy games, and cables, he offered me $21 in store credit. The store doesn't do cash. Since it was ending up in the trash anyway, I took the store credit, and put it towards the new Super Mario Bros for the Nintendo DS. Basically I got a $40 game for about $16. And my closet has one less box occupying its space.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home