Keith's Blog

Database breakage

This weekend, I was unhappy to learn that the database behind my photo gallery broke. I went into the administration site, and saw that all the gallery tables were gone! This obviously caused my photo gallery to provide an error messages, ERROR_STORAGE_FAILURE. A singularly unhelpful message.

Fortunately, my hosting provider has a restore feature, where I can restore database backups that occur about twice/day. One click, and about 30 seconds later, all was well again. However, I still don't know why it broke in the first place.

On a totally unrelated note. If you plan on sport climbing outdoors, please don't be rude and obnoxious. Don't do things like asserting superiority, making snyde comments, and climbing directly underneath someone else.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home